Thursday 16 August 2012

I Got A Result!

Today was results day. I won't babble on too much to cut a long story short I got a very unexpected result. The story all starts way back in Feb of this year, I decided I wanted to go to University and so within a week I'd set up my late UCAS app and sent it off to two Uni's, Derby as my first option and De Montfort as my back up.

Sadly, Derby being my first option I was slightly disappointed when just a week later they sent back with an unsuccessful and I thought any hope of going to Uni was lost. Then came the conditional offer for De Montfort, which for those of you who don't know meant that as long as I met a condition set then I would be going to De Montfort.

The rest of the terms later, I'd put in my work for Media in hopes of meeting the condition (a B) so that I could get into my Uni that was good enough. The second option but hey it was still an option right?

So when I went to collect my results today and found that I had a C and was only one mark off a B you can imagine my first reaction; my heart pounded and somewhere within me tears wanted to form in my eyes and at the back of my head there was this voice telling me to just give up and soak up in all the negativity that this suggested. Instead I took a deep breath and accepted why I could feel so sad but instead as usual I refused to give up hope.

As soon as I got home I rang in to numerous clearance hotlines, trying my utmost to find a place that would suit me. De Montfort turned me down right away without another consideration, but Derby on the other hand listened. Derby took in my results and told me that with what I had achieved I could now be given a verbal offer to join the University.

Let's just review this a second; I didn't get the grade I needed to get to get into my second best Uni but somehow I got a grade that single handedly led me to getting into the Uni I had originally hoped to get into.

The Universe works in an odd way my friends. I should feel disappointment for what I got today and I know that part of me is wanting sympathy. Truth is I don't need it. That part of me is being stupid because I got what I wanted, I have come this far and now I am going on farther so what is there to complain about?

I would just like to thank everyone,  my girlfriend Alissa, my parents, my friend Jacob, my tutors Claudine, Phil, Martin and Ben for all of the support they have given me. I'd like to thank them for all the good times and all the fantastic things that I have learnt and the undying faith they have in me.

It is people like this, people who look after me to the extent where they make me feel special. My gratitude expands so far to them because they believe in me and I believe in myself because of them. Thank you world for the opportunities I have, thank you all for reading todays blog, heres to the future, the future of wonderful attractions and the strange ways I'll get to my goal, I'm living my life to the full....and it all starts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment